This is an simple salmon dish that we can prepare at home with ease. Few ingredients: Salmon fillet (or other fish fillet), carrot, bell pepper, zucchini and fresh lemon. I chose these vegetables for their bright cheerful colours.
1) Cut the vegetables into cubes. For chopped carrot, I prefer to gentle boil in stock for a few minutes before stir frying it.
2) Heat up a small pot or pan. Add a little oil. Stir fry the zucchini and carrot, add a little garlic (or chopped onion). Add in a little stock. Once the zucchini turns soft, add in the bell peppers. Season with salt and pepper and a pinch of dried dill. Cover and keep warm.
3) Score the skin of the salmon and season with salt and pepper.
4) Heat up a pan, add a little oil. When the pan is sizzling hot, place the salmon fillet in pan, skin-side down. Gently fry the fish over medium heat for a few minutes till the skin is crispy and brown. Carefully flip the fish over and squeeze some lemon juice over it. Cook for another 1 to 2 minutes. Turn off heat and leave the salmon fillet in pan.
5) Lay the sauteed vegetables on plate and sit the salmon fillet on top. Garnish with a little lemon zest and a sprinkle of dried dill.