Saturday, October 20, 2012

Happy Birthday Fong's Kitchen!







Fong's Kitchen turns 2 today!   To mark this occasion, I especially bake and decorate this underwater theme fondant cake.  As I was out since early morning till late afternoon, it was quite a rush to decorate the cake.    Phew.... this must be my fastest-to-complete fondant cake to date ....  I completed it by late evening before taking a break for dinner.






This is a light vanilla butter cake with wild berries butter cream.  I baked the cake and prepared the butter cream the day before and kept them in the fridge.  So if you're thinking why the fondant seems a little wet, yes... it is the condensation from the chilled butter cake.  Well never mind, the wet-look makes the blue sea looks more realistic, yeah ;)






For the decorative details, I used seashell and starfish moulds to make those cute little shells.  Love the pastel colours combination.  The green and orange seaweeds were royal icing which I piped using round tip #2.  The white "waves" at the bottom border is again royal icing with star nozzle #21.  The "sands" were crushed digestive biscuits.





Since my first post on 20 October 2010, Fong Kitchen has posted a total of 377 posts.  The highest page views to-date is my Princess Barbie Doll Cake, followed by Pandan Kaya Cake and Soon Kueh.  Thank you for dropping by my blog and leaving me your valuable comments.  Recipes that I posted here are mostly hours of experimenting in my humble kitchen.  I truly enjoy cooking and baking, and glad to share this passion through Fong's Kitchen.  Every new creation gives me joy and motivation for the next creation.






Why an underwater theme for my 2nd blog anniversary?  Cos' I just went to Underwater World, Sentosa this afternoon!  Here are some lovely shots taken today:







18 comments:

  1. Happy Happy Birthday to Fong's Kitchen :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yummy Little Cooks. You made many yummy kuihs recently, shall "help myself" to some ;)

      Delete
  2. 恭喜恭喜:)
    希望你拥有更多个周年~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 谢谢鲸鱼。你来得正好,请你吃海洋蛋糕。

      Delete
  3. Happy 2nd Blog Anniversary and more to come :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann! Yes, I'm looking forward to more baking and cooking

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Angel. Your recent post of fried sweet potato balls look so tempting. Must find one day to try this delicious snack.

      Delete
  5. Hi Fong, HAPPY BIRTHDAY FONG'S KITCHEN. Can't remember which day I should consider as my blog's birthday cos' I started with it but wasn't active blogging due to work and family commitments until last year. Hope you'll stay active so that I can visit you often, hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cake is so cool! Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happi Birthday Fong's Kitchen =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary... love the wet look of your cake ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nashreen. ha... it is a mistake turns out well for this cake!

      Delete
  9. Congratulations!
    Simply loves browsing at your site to get creative inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations!
    Simply loves browsing at your site to get creative inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...