Recently, saw quite a handful of homemade mango ice cream postings on Facebook. Thanks to Wokkingmum for sharing her homemade ice cream recipe. In a few simple steps. you can have mango ice cream made with real mangoes!
After enjoying half a tub of mango ice cream with my family, I used the remaining to make this mango ice cream roll.
For the Swiss roll:
(make one 30cm x 20cm cake pan)
(A) 4 egg yolks + 1 tbsp sugar + pinch of salt
(B) 3 egg whites + 3 tbsp sugar
(C) 50 plain flour, sifted
(D) 40g melted butter + 1/2 tsp mango essence
1) Whisk (A) till pale and creamy.
2) Whisk (B) till stiff peak. Fold into (A) in 3 batches.
3) Fold in (C) in 3 batches and pour in melted butter. Fold batter till well-incorporated.
4) Pour into lined pan and bake in preheated oven of 190C for around 12 minutes.
5) Remove from pan and cool on rack.
6) Spread a thin layer of whipped cream on cake. Place the ice cream block on the cake and roll it up.
7) Wrap the cake roll in plastic wraps and freeze till set.
I poured softened mango ice cream into a round sushi maker to get a round block of ice cream.