Having potato chips in a cookie may sound like a crazy idea ..... but, it sure tastes good. It's an interesting combination of sweet and salty, just like when you're having a mix of cheese and caramel popcorn.
(makes about 60 cookies)
150g unsalted butter
70g fine sugar
30g brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
200g self-raising flour
4 tbsp corn flour
100g chocolate chips
1 cup coarsely crushed potato chips
1) Beat ingredients (A) till smooth, pale and fluffy.
2) Add in (B) and continue to beat for another few minutes.
3) Add in (C) and mix to combine.
4) Keep in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes for easy handling.
5) Take about 1 heaped tsp of dough each and place on lined baking trays. Press it down a little for thinner, crispier cookies.
6) Bake in preheated oven at 175C for about 12 to 15 minutes, till golden brown.
7) Cool on rack before storing in airtight container.