Back from an outing to the Science Centre, I wanted a quick and easy dinner. A quick look in the fridge, I took out the frozen prawns and minced pork. Grab a stick of carrot and the remaining cai xin.
Read my papers, check Facebook.......... and oops, it's already 6 plus in the evening! I have not even shelled the prawns! Marinate the minced pork and shell the prawns. Crush some ginger, heat the wok and stir fry the prawn shells for a quick tasty stock. While waiting for the prawn stock, sliced an onion, minced a few cloves of garlic, washed & cut the veggies. I'm using dried bean mee (豆签), hence need to boil the noodles briefly in hot water to soften it a little before stir-frying.
1) Heat wok on high heat. Add some oil and stir-fry the sliced onion, minced pork, garlic till fragrant.
2) Add the carrot, noodles and prawn stock. Cover and let it cook for about 2 minutes.
3) Check seasoning. Add caixin and prawn. Cover and cook for another minute.
4) Stir in a little cornstarch solution (optional) and a beaten egg. Stir and remove from heat.
5) Garnish with Chinese parsley and serve hot immediately.
Check.......... 7pm and dinner is ready ;)