Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Creamy Curry Pork Chop







How often do you zoom straight into your kitchen to prepare a dish, after reading through a recipe on the internet?  Chances are you will first bookmark the recipe, and attempt it at a later date .... well, hopefully (we all know after a few days, we will be too "lazy" to go source for ingredients and then cook it).

But this is exactly what I did, after reading Wendy's Curry Chicken Chop.  Her pictures look so mouth-watering that I headed straight to the kitchen to gather the ingredients.  Of course, it helps that I have all the necessary ingredients - ALL EXCEPT for the main ingredient - CHICKEN!  ha....  If you have been reading my blog, you would know that I do not follow recipe closely, especially when it comes to cooking.  I have no chicken, but I have two beautiful pieces of pork chop sitting in my fridge.  So, here's my pork chop with creamy curry sauce.

As what Wendy said, this sauce has the fragrantly curry aroma, but it is not hot and spicy at all.  Let me add on:  This is "kids friendly".  My little girl happily drizzled the curry sauce over her pork chop and licked her fingers to savour every drop of the sauce....  Thanks for sharing this recipe, Wendy!

Ingredients:

2 pieces of pork chop

Marinate for pork:
1 to 2 tbsp light soy sauce
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
1/2 thumb-sized ginger, grated
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp cooking wine
1 tbsp water
Dash of pepper

Coating for pork (before frying)
2 to 3 tbsp corn flour
1/2 tsp curry powder
1/2 beaten eggs

Sauce:
1 medium-sized onion, chopped
1 heaped tbsp curry powder
1/2 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup plain yogurt, slightly sweetened (this will further help to reduce the heat of the curry)
1/2 to 1 cup milk for thinning the curry (to your desired consistency)
Salt to taste

Method:
1) After cleaning the pork chop, pat dry and gently pound on the pork chop using the back of the chopper (or cleaver).  If pork pieces are huge, cut each piece into two portions, i.e. yield four pieces.

2) Combine marinate and rub all over the pork slices.  Cover and keep in fridge for 3 hours.

3) Add the beaten egg to the pork, coat it evenly.  Mix the corn flour and curry powder in a shallow plate.  Dust the pork pieces lightly with the flour and set aside for 5 minutes.

4) Meanwhile, heat up sufficient oil for deep-frying the pork chop.  When oil is moderately hot, put in the pork chop and deep fry till golden brown.  Drain on kitchen paper.

5) In a clean frying pan or wok, heat up a little oil till hot.  Fry the chopped onion till translucent.  Turn to low heat, add in the curry powder and fry till fragrant.

6) Up to medium heat, add in the whipping cream and let it thickens.  Pour in the yogurt and sufficient milk to get the desired thickness of the sauce (more milk added, thinner the sauce).  Add salt to taste.  Note: The sauce will thicken further when cool.

7)  Pour the sauce over the pork chop or serve the sauce separately as a dip (I poured half over the pork chop and served the remaining sauce separately).


Now, are you ready to head to your kitchen to cook this yummy curry dish ^_^





5 comments:

  1. Oh you added yogurt, no wonder it looks different, a bit separated. Maybe you can try adding the yogurt after you turn off the heat.
    Great adaptation! Goes nice with pasta too. I've done this before with ikea meatballs, in my blog too.. long ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks as fantastic combination:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm... looks really yummy and my little ones love curries that are not spicy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ☼ Oohw, I think I'll leave this one for the kids. Not my kind of curry at all. :•)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore pork chops but I have never had them with curry flavoured sauce, this sounds and looks very delicious...!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...