I was looking around my kitchen to see what to prepare for next day's breakfast. I had some fresh blueberries. Shall it be blueberries muffins, blueberries cupcakes or blueberries pancakes? Finally, I decided it will be blueberry scones, for I have not baked scones since March this year. And since I still have some lemon curd in the fridge, it will be nice to have it with the scones.
(makes 8 scones)
250g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
70g butter (for unsalted butter, add a pinch of salt), cut into small pieces
2 tbsp fine sugar
60g fresh blueberries
100ml milk + 1 tbsp (if the dough is too dry)
1) Combine flour and baking powder. Rub butter into flour till it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
2) Add in the sugar and fresh blueberries.
3) Pour in the milk to combine all the ingredients together to form a dough.
4) Place the dough on a lightly floured surface. Use your hand to shape the dough to a flat round circle, with about 1" thick.
5) Cut into 8 triangular portions and place the scones on baking tray lined with baking paper.
6) Brush the top with milk and bake in preheated oven of 220C for about 15 minutes or till light golden brown on top.
7) Serve warm with your favorite spread.