Monday, September 19, 2011

Stir-Fry Egg Whites with Milk (No. 2)








When I cooked this dish in January this year, I told myself I must try it again, as I did not do a good time then.  I remember the egg whites was too grainy and scrambled, as I made a mistake of stirring it too frequently at the beginning (see picture here).

I'm quite happy with this time - the whites are not too scrambled, and it has a smooth and soft texture.  Here's the improved recipe:

Ingredients:

(A) Mix together:
1 cup egg whites
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tbsp cooking wine
1/2 tsp seasoning powder
3/4 tbsp corn flour
Pinch of salt and dash of pepper

(B):
Small handful of corn kernels
1 slice of ham, chopped
Small handful of wolfberries, rinsed and soaked in warm water
1 stalk of spring onion, chopped

(C):
Sweet beans, blanched in hot water with a little oil and salt (for garnish)




Method:
1) Heat up the wok with a tablespoon oil, stir fry the corn kernels and ham slightly.  Set aside.
2) Heat up the wok with another tablespoon of oil over low heat.  Pour in the egg white mixture.  Do not stir it immediately.  When the bottom starts to set softly, push it gently with a wok spatula, so that the set piece floats up.  
3) Keep checking and gently pushing the mixture.  About 3/4 way into cooking, add in the corn kernels, ham (from step 1), wolfberries and chopped spring onion (reserved some for garnish).  Push the mixture gently to combine.  When the egg mixtures have set softly but still slightly wobbly, turn off the heat and serve onto dish.
4) Garnish with greens and chopped spring onion.  




4 comments:

  1. I remember eating a dish very similar to this. It had prawns in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another interesting recepie from you.So simple but well combined:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting recipe! Going to KIV it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried egg whites with milk before. Looks very delicious and healthy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...