Monday, September 5, 2011

Pumpkin & Beech Mushrooms in Miso Sauce






This is a simple yet delightful dish - pumpkin and beech mushrooms cooked in miso sauce.  The natural sweetness of the pumpkin blends in nicely with the miso, giving a nice rich gravy.  

To prepare, stir-fry the beech mushrooms lightly with some garlic, add in the pumpkin, follow by miso paste.  Add sufficient water to cover content, add a little mirin, cover and let it simmer for a few minutes, till pumpkin turns soft and the gravy thicken.  How long you cook this dish depends on how soft you like your pumpkin to be.   

While writing this post, I realised that I used pumpkin quite frequently in my dishes:


From top to bottom (L to R):


Perhaps a pumpkin quiche, pie, muffin, cheesecake or scone for my next pumpkin dish ....




4 comments:

  1. Love thsi little pearls,beetch mushrooms and combinbed with te rest in miso soup..I feel warm already:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pumpkins are good, so, it's good of you to use them often.
    My hubby hates pumpkin though, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVE pumpkins! i'm so excited to see so many pumpkin recipes all at once. esp like the sound of the pumpkin cranberry rice and the steamed pumpkin cake(:

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the roundup of pumpkin dishes in the post! I found that I actually like pumpkin lately (I used to hate it) so I've been trying out a number of dishes. ANd since mushrooms are my have, this is a perfect dish!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...