Thursday, August 25, 2011

Nutella Truffles






Thanks to {L} of Obsessedly Involved with Food, I was the lucky one to win a coffee-time desserts book from her recent Aspiring Bakers #9 event.  Thanks {L}, I love this book for all the little treats ideas.

I browsed through the recipes and was attracted to this quick and easy Nutella Truffles.  I had all the required ingredients stated in the recipe.  The best thing is it helps to clear my dairy whipping cream, after I first opened the carton for making my Strawberry Tart.  




Ingredients:
150ml single cream
250g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
125g butter, cut into cubes
200g Nutella
200g unsweetened cocoa powder

[Note: I used 80% of above ingredients and yields about 50 small pieces]

Method:
1) Heat the cream until it starts to simmer.  Away from heat, add the chocolate and the butter.  Mix well until you have a smooth ganache.  Add Nutella in 2 to 3 stages.  Mix well.

2) Put the ganache in fridge for at least 2 hours until it harden (I pour into a plate and it took me an hour or less for it to harden).

3) Put the cocoa powder on a plate (I made some with toasted chopped almonds).

4) With a teaspoon, make little balls of ganache and roll carefully in the cocoa powder (I used a melon ball scoop).

5) Arrange on a plate and return to the fridge for 30 minutes before serving.

[Recipe source:  Les Petits Plats Francais:  Coffee-Time Treats by Jose Marechal]









6 comments:

  1. Look so tempting ! wish to grap some now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing:) Thsi looks amazingly delicious;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowweeeee I want to make and eat toooo!!! So happie u made them!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hi, thx for sharing so much yummy n.great recipe while i.search for soon kueh n found so many yummy recipe n may i know the type of brand of cream been used for pops n truffles?

    Thx n can drop me thru email jen111203@hotmail.com

    Rdgs
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jennifer, you can use any brand of cream. Instead of the single cream as stated in the book, I used whipping cream.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thx for ur reply! Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...