YUM ..... a bowl of rice, please.
(serves 3 to 4)
2 chicken thighs/drums and 2 wings (or 6 to 8 chicken wings) - chop into bite-sized
2 pieces fermented tofu (mashed)
1/2 tbsp brine from the fermented tofu
1 tbsp water
1 tbsp water
1 tsp light soy sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
Small piece ginger, minced1/2 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp sugar
Dash of pepper
1 tsp cornstarch
2 Chinese mushrooms - soaked, squeezed out water and sliced thinly
Handful of snow fungus - soaked, removed core and cut into small pieces
2 slices ginger
1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
Pinch of sugar
2 to 3 dates, washed & sliced
Spring onion, chopped (garnish)
1) Marinate the chicken parts by combining (A) together. Cover and keep chill in fridge for at least 3 hours.
2) Heat a little oil in pot or pan. Add ginger, follow with mushroom and stir-fry till fragrant. Add the snow fungus, soy sauce, pinch of sugar and a little water (from soaking the mushrooms). Cover and simmer for about 5 mins on low heat. Remove and let it cool slightly.
3) Mix mushrooms & snow fungus in step (2) with marinated chicken. Add in sliced red dates.
4) Arrange the chicken mixture on a plate, spread out (don't stack together) and steam over high heat for about 12 to 15 minutes.
5) Garnish with spring onion and serve immediately.