This week shall be mango week as I have a few mangoes to clear. First on my list - mango swiss roll.
Ingredients:(makes 2 rolls from 2 rectangular cake pan: 30cm x 20cm)
6 eggs (separate into yolks and whites)
110g caster sugar
90g top flour (sifted)
25g melted butter
1 tsp mango essence
1/2 cup whipping cream
1/2 tbsp icing sugar
1 mango - cut into small cubes
1) Whisk egg yolks with 30g sugar over a small pot of hot water until thicken and pale in color. In another bowl, whisk egg whites with remaining caster sugar until peak foam.
2) Fold the egg yolks into the egg whites and gently fold in the sifted flour.
3) Pour 1/4 mixture in step (2) into a bowl, mix in the melted butter, milk and mango essence. Pour the mixture back to step (2) and gently mix to combine.
4) Pour batter into 2 baking trays lined with baking paper. Use a spatula to spread out the batter evenly. Bake at 190C for 10 - 12 minutes.
5) Remove sponge cake from baking tray and place it on a rack to cool completely.
6) Flip the sponge onto a clean sheet of baking paper and peel away the backing paper from the sponge. Spread whipped cream on sponge, add mango cubes and roll it up. Chill in the fridge for 1 hour before slicing.
To prepare fillings:
Chill the mixing bowl and whipping cream in freezer (for 5 mins). Add in the icing sugar and whip up the cream.
Like to see more of my fruity creations? Click here for a summary of all the fruity treats in March and participate in a GIVEAWAY (Event ending on 8 April 2011).