I was attracted to this strawberry lunch-box - so cute and sweet. I have no experience in preparing a lunch box or bento, so better start with an easy one, filled with colourful fruits & snacks.
|Top compartment: marshmallows, plain crackers and chocolate dip.|
Bottom compartment: blueberries, strawberries and apple.
To prepare fruit bento:
1) Wash all your fruits and pat dry on kitchen paper.
2) For fruits like apple that will easily turn brown, soak briefly in salt water or squeeze a little lemon juice over it.
3) Pack the fruits in separate compartment from the dry snacks (biscuits, marshmallows etc).
4) Pack the chocolate dip in container with lid to prevent spillage (the chocolate dip can be prepared ahead and stored in fridge).
To prepare chocolate dip:
1) Use equal parts of chocolate chips to whipping cream, and adjust to desired consistency. I used 50g chocolate to 50ml cream + a little more cream for a thinner consistency.
2) Heat cream on high in microwave for 30 to 40 seconds, pour over chocolate chips, mix well.
I am submitting this Fruity Bento to Aspiring Bakers #5, hosted by Jess of Bakericious.
Like to see more of my fruity creations? Click here for a summary of all the fruity treats in March and participate in a GIVEAWAY (Event ending on 8 April 2011).