Saturday, March 12, 2011

Clay Pot Noodles (煲仔面)






This is my simple one-dish meal for dinner.  You can use any ingredients that you like to prepare this clay pot noodles.  Seafood noodles, beef noodles, kimchi noodles or fish cakes and hot dogs for kids etc.  For me, it's anything available in the fridge.  So, I have beancurd, carrot, green peas, leek, button mushrooms, prawns etc.

Notes:
1) As I am having prawns in this dish, I made use of the prawn heads and shells to prepare a flavourful prawn stock base for the noodles.

2) Briefly boil the noodles in hot water to soften it a little before cooking with the other ingredients.  Simmer the noodles for 3 to 5 minutes with the ingredients to allow the noodles to soak up the yummy stock.


This is the 煲仔面, comes in four noodles disc in a pack.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...