Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Chocolate Banana Cake Pops





Colourful cake pops on jumbo straws


Cake pops is really a "think-out-of-the box" and clever creation.  When everyone is trying hard to make a smooth & soft velvety cake, cake pops did just the opposite!  You are to DECONSTRUCT a perfectly tasty cake (sounds wicked), and reconstruct it by adding some frosting cream to combine the cake crumbs together, and then cover it with candy coating.  If this sounds absurd to you, just hop over to the Queen of Cake Pops, Bakerella, you will certainly be wowed over by her amazingly cute cake pop designs. 


Making of cake pops:
Mix cake crumbs with vanilla buttercream, divide cake mixture into small balls, wrap a small piece of banana in the centre, coat with chocolate ganache and sprinkle over with your love (i mean hundreds and thousands) 


I'm a newbie in making cake pops.  In fact, this is my first cake pop.  I gathered a small container of cake crumbs from my earlier coffee butter cake (where I used for making my 2-tier fondant cake).  This is just the perfect ingredient for making cake pops!  I simply breakdown the cake crumbs further with my fingers,  mixed in some vanilla butter cream, and rolled them into small little balls.  I am not sure whether the original cake pops come with any fillings in it, but mine has a small piece of banana right in the centre.  Since I do not have any cake pop sticks (or lollipop sticks) on hand, I just use some colourful jumbo straws instead.  



Cute little cake balls - perfect for kids' parties

How about some cake pops for your next party gathering?


Like to see more of my fruity creations?  Click here for a summary of all the fruity treats in March and participate in a GIVEAWAY (Event ending on 8 April 2011).




6 comments:

  1. Thanks Cathy! I tried to coat with pink candy melts, but I could not melt the candy without it curdling away ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought the cupcake pop mold, haven't got the chance to try it out yet. Yours look lovely ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. neyee: quick, try it! I'm still thinking of your strawberry roll ... so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look yummy. How did you make your chocolate ganache?

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I remember correctly, I heat up some whipping cream, pour into chocolate chips and just stir till well-combined. About one part cream to two parts chocolate.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...