As I have some leftover fondant, one small bag of Nutella cream cheese frosting and one HUGE bottle of Nutella spread, I wanted to "clear" these from my fridge as soon as possible. Still on the lookout for more Nutella recipes ....
(makes 8 small cupcakes)
40g light brown sugar
1/2 tbsp instant coffee powder
2 tbsp Nutella spread
1 medium-sized egg
50ml whipping cream
90g cake flour + 1/2 tsp baking powder (sift together)
1) Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
2) Add instant coffee powder and Nutella, continue to beat.
3) Add egg and beat to smooth.
4) Fold the cake flour into the butter mixture and mix well.
5) Spoon batter into small paper cupcake to 3/4 full and bake at preheated oven of 175C for 25 minutes.
6) Cool completely, spread or pipe Nutella Cream Cheese Frosting on cupcake and topped with fondant heart.
I will be submitting this post to "Aspiring Bakers #4: Love In the Air! (Feb 2011)" hosted by Ellena of Cuisine Paradise.