|I love to add a crumb topping to my muffins.|
|Soft and light inside, yet very crumbly on top.|
|Comparing notes: Existing blueberries muffin recipe, with another recipe from Allrecipes.|
Recipe adapted from Allrecipes:
(makes 8 large muffins)
190g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
80g fine sugar
80ml corn oil (or melted butter)
1 packet of blueberries (around 125g)
1) Mix (A) together in a bowl.
2) In another bowl or measuring jug, mix together (B).
3) Pour (B) into (A) and stir lightly to combine. Add 3/4 of (C) and give it another stir to combine.
4) Spoon batter into muffin pan lined with muffin papers. Place two to three blueberries on top.
5) In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, flour and ground cinnamon. Rub in 1 tablespoon butter until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
6) Bake in preheated oven of 190C for around 20 to 25 minutes.