I took a picture of this lovely bunch of shimeji mushrooms:
This is one quick and easy recipe, using shimeji mushrooms, udon, garlic and spring onion:
2 packets of udon (from supermarket)
1 small packet of shimeiji mushroom (cut, discard base and separate the mushrooms)
1-2 stalks of spring onion (chopped)
6 to 7 cloves garlic (chopped)
1/2 chilli, chopped finely (optional)
1 tbsp miso paste
1 tbsp mirin
1-2 tsp soya sauce (adjust to taste)
1) Boil water in pot to parboil udon.
2) Heat 2 tbsp oil in pan and fry half the chopped garlic till golden brown. Set aside the browned garlic.
3) With the remaining oil in pan, heat pan at high heat and add shimeiji mushrooms. Toss a few times.
4) Add remaining chopped garlic and miso paste. Add some water from pot (for cooking udon) and toss to mix with shimeji mushrooms.
5) Add udon, mirin, soya sauce and sufficient water to pan to adjust for desired thickness of miso sauce.
6) Turn off heat and add chopped spring onion, chilli and browned garlic. Stir together.
7) Serve with blanched Shanghai green or any other vegetables.