Other than turkey meat, I have two big bags of turkey bones from the leftover turkey for Christmas lunch party. Last year, I had two huge bones from the bone-in ham, which I used to cook dried vegetables porridge (菜干粥）and pasta sauce. Last night, I made three big bowls of turkey stock from one bag of turkey bones. With some turkey soup-base, I cook this Chinese-style Cream of Corn & Turkey Soup for dinner:
|Chinese-style cream of corn & turkey soup|
1 tbsp butter (or cooking oil)
1 tbsp plain flour
400ml of turkey stock
3/4 cup finely chopped turkey and ham
1/2 can cream corn
1 egg, beaten
2 tbsp chopped spring onion
Salt and pepper to taste
1) Heat butter in pot over low heat. Add plain flour to the melted butter and cook the flour for a minute. Keep stirring to prevent the flour from burning.
2) Add half a ladle of stock to the flour mixture and stir quickly to prevent lumps. Add another ladle of stock, stir and add the remaining stock to pot. Turn the heat up to high.
3) When the soup boils, add cream corn and cook for 2 minutes.
4) Add chopped turkey, ham and milk. Add salt to taste.
5) When soup bubbles again, add beaten egg and off heat. Stir in chopped spring onion (reserved some for garnish).
6) Serve hot.