These chicken fingers are the perfect food for a party! Prepare the chicken and the mayo dip a day before, place in fridge (chill) and fry the chicken just before the party starts.
Chicken strips (the two tender pieces of meat hidden in the chicken breast. I used 2 packets of chicken strips from supermarket)
1 cup milk
Plain flour (for dusting)
2 eggs, beaten
Japanese breadcrumbs (for coating)
Oil for deep-frying
Seasoning: Oyster sauce (1.5 tbsp), soya sauce (1 tbsp), sesame oil (1 tsp), mirin (1 tbsp), pepper
|Steps: Dust in flour, dip in eggs and coat with breadcrumbs. 5 mins rest and deep-fry to golden brown|
1) Remove the white vein and cut each chicken strip into two pieces.
2) Soak the chicken in the milk for about 30 mins and discard milk.
3) Add all seasoning into chicken and marinate for 3 hours or overnight in fridge.
4) Dust chicken lightly with plain flour. Shake off excess.
5) Dip in beaten eggs and coat with Japanese breadcrumbs (wait for 5 mins before frying or you can chill in fridge overnight).
6) Heat oil to moderate-high and deep-fry the chicken fingers till golden brown.
7) Drain on kitchen paper.
Garlic mayo dip: Grate 1 clove of raw garlic + 3 tbsp mayonnaise + 1/2 tbsp lemon juice + 1/2 tsp curry powder