This refreshing dessert is so yummy, yet so simple to make. I have experimented with all milk (no cream) panna cotta - the taste is very light. Unless you are on a diet, I do not suggest using all milk as it takes away the pleasure of having panna cotta. I have not tried using all cream yet as the idea of having 40% fat in the cup is very guilty. And so, my lower-fat version of panna cotta:
|Raspberry Panna Cotta|
(makes 6 cups)
350ml full cream milk
150ml whipping cream (or heavy cream)
50g fine sugar
1/2 vanilla essence
3 level tsp gelatin powder (dissolved in 2 tbsp warm water)
2 tbsp Tortally jelly crystals (raspberry flavour)
A cup of fresh or frozen raspberry
1) Gently boil the milk, dairy cream and sugar in a pot till sugar is melted and small bubbles started to form at the side of pot.
2) Pour the gelatin mixture and vanilla essence into the pot and stir.
3) Let it cool and pour into small cups and place in refrigerator till set.
4) Dissolve the jelly crystals in 100ml water (over stove or heat on high in microwave for one minute).
5) Cool the jelly mixture. Place a few raspberries in each cup and gently pour some jelly mixture over it.
6) Chill and serve.