I cook most of my meals during weekday. I enjoy home-cooked food and never seem to get tired or bored with it. Since I am cooking small portions, I do not have to spend a lot of time in the kitchen preparing and cooking my meals. Of course, a little planning will help to speed things up.
Here's what I have for lunch today - Shell Pasta with Marrow Green in Fish Bone Broth. Cooking + preparation takes about 20 minutes, though it would have taken at least 2 hours without planning ahead!
|Shell Pasta with Marrow Green in Fish Bone Broth|
Ingredients (for 1 to 2 serving)
Fish bone broth (prepare ahead and store in separate tubs in freezer)
Small piece of marrow green (peel and cut into bite-sized)
2 slices ginger
1 tomato (cut into large chunks)
One handful of pasta shell (or other pasta/noodles/bee hoon)
2 tbsp shredded pork (prepare ahead - click here for steps)
1 tbsp dried seaweed flakes
Chopped spring onion (garnish)
1) Heat 1/2 tbsp oil in pot, add sliced ginger followed by sliced green marrow. Give it a few stir to release aroma.
2) Add fish bone broth and bring it to boil.
3) Add tomato and pasta shell and cook till pasta is soft (about 8 to 10 minutes).
4) Add shredded pork and dried seaweed flakes and cook for another minute.
5) Add salt and pepper to taste.
6) Garnish with spring onion and serve.