Monday, November 15, 2010

Almond Banana Tartlets

I was thinking of what to do with some unbaked tart shells in my fridge.  I just want to do something quick and easy to finish up the tart shells, as little mess as possible since I was feeling a little tired over the weekend.  So when I saw one banana left on the dining table, I had an idea!  

Almond Banana Tartlets

The tart pastry is from the same batch of pastry dough that I made earlier for the raspberry chocolate tartlet.  I usually just bake the shell as and when I needed it, so it stays nice and crisp.  The filling is mashed banana with almond cream (just that I used milk instead of cream).  It was indeed quick and easy, I think I just spent about 10 minutes in all, to measure the ingredients, mix them up, pour into the partial-baked shells and pop back into the oven.

Ingredients for the fillings - makes about 15 mini tartlets

1 medium-sized banana (mashed)
60g ground almond
20g brown sugar
20g melted butter
1 beaten egg
50ml milk
1/3 tsp vanilla essence

Method:
1) Remove tartlet shells from fridge (rest for about 15 minutes at room temperature) and bake at preheated oven of 180C for 10 minutes.
2) While tartlet shells are baking in the oven, mix all the ingredients for fillings together (I just mix them in a plastic measuring jug for easy pouring into the shells).
3) Pour fillings into the tart shells and bake again at 160C for 40 to 45 minutes till golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...